Good morning everyone,
Yesterday August 18, 2021, Sirois Tool was notified that two employees have tested positive for COVID-19. Jozef Gorski and Derek Kiczuk have given consent to advise everyone that as of yesterday they have both tested positive for COVID-19. The last day they worked was 8/17/2021.
We understand that you may have questions and we want to reassure you that we are committed to supporting you the employee and providing you with timely information and resources. The health and safety of you and your families are our top priority and we are already taking steps to ensure:
- CLOSE CONTACTS ARE NOTIFIED: To ensure rapid notification of exposure, any employee(s) identified as a close contact of the infected employee (defined as any employee within six feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of at least 15 minutes in a twenty-four (24) hour period starting two days before illness onset) will be notified. Close contacts will be advised to self-monitor themselves for symptoms.
- WORKSPACES ARE SANITIZED: Workspaces utilized by the positive employee will be thoroughly cleaned in accordance with CDC Guidance.
- PRIVACY IS PROTECTED: While medical privacy laws impose strict confidentiality requirements regarding the specific identity of the positive employee, all employees will be given the required information they need to protect themselves. If you suspect that you have COVID-19 symptoms, please contact Andre or Cheryl.
- INFECTION CONTROLS ARE MAINTAINED: All employees should be vigilant about hygiene, including: not coming to work if you are sick, covering your cough or sneeze (with a sleeve or a tissue), regularly using hand sanitizer, wearing a face covering that covers the nose and mouth, and maintaining social distance of at least six feet from other people.
- YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND COVID-19 RESOURCES: Employees are encouraged to get additional COVID-19 information and resources from the CDC or CT.gov.
We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace, and If you have any questions related to this notification or other COVID-19 concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Andre or Cheryl.